Wipro Aptitude Exam - Apptitude Questions 5


Apptitude 15 questions

The questions 1-7 are based on the following pattern. The problems below contain a question and two statements giving certain data. You have to decide whether the data given in the statements are sufficient for answering the questions. The correct answer is
(A) If statement (I) alone is sufficient but statement (II) alone is not sufficient.
(B) If statement (II) alone is sufficient but statement(I) alone is not sufficient.
(C) If both statements together are sufficient but neither of statements alone is sufficient.
(D) If both together are not sufficient.
(E) If statements (I) and (II) are not sufficient

1. What is the volume of a cubical box in cubic centimetres?
    (I) One face of the box has an area of 49 sq.cms.
    (II) The longest diagonal of the box is 20 cms.
    Ans. D
2. Is z positive?
    (I) y+z is positive
    (II) y-z is positive
    Ans. E
3. Is x>y ? x, y are real numbers?
    (I) 8x = 6y
    (II) x = y + 4
    Ans. B
4. If a ground is rectangular, what is its width?
    (I) The ratio of its length to its breadth is 7:2
    (II) Perimeter of the playground is 396 mts.
    Ans. C
5. If the present age of my father is 39 yrs and my present age is x yrs, what is x?
    (I) Next year my mother will be four times as old as i would be.
    (II) My brother is 2 years older than I and my father is 4 years older than my mother.
    Ans. C
6. How many brothers and sisters are there in the family of seven children?
    (I) Each boy in the family has as many sisters as brothers
    (II) Each of the girl in the family has twice as many brothers as sisters
    Ans. D
7.  x is not equal to 0, is x + y = 0?
    (I) x is the reciprocal of y
    (II) x is not equal to 1
    Ans. A
8. Find sum of 3 + 5/(1+22) + 7/(1 + 22 + 32) + ......
       Ans. 3n/(1 + n) 
9. Out of 55 eggs 5 are defective. what is % of defective eggs
       Ans:9/11%
 10. 1/8 is divided by 's' , if 's' is increased by 2 times, what is the result.
      Ans: increases two times
11. For each hour an watch is going slow by 30 seconds. Now time is    
        8a.m.What will be the actual time at 8p.m.
        Ans: 7:54.
12. If a person walks at 4/5th of his usual spee he reaches 40min late. If he walks at his usual speed how much time does he
      travels. 
        Ans:160min or 2hr 40min
13. In a class 80% have passed english,70% passed Hindi 10% did not passed either. If 144 students passed both. What is         
      the total strength of the class.
      Ans: 240. 
14. Find the least number when divided by 7 gives the reminder 6, when divided by 6 gives reminder 5, when divided by 5         
      gives reminder 4 and so on....
     Ans: 419
15. If a man stands in front of sun what is the first letter of the direction which is left to him:
      Ans: North(N)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts